Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

Happy Halloween (a day late)

Okay, okay, I know it's not Halloween anymore. If anything, it's barely a memory now that the next big day (for corporations) is Christmas. But I had to wake up at 5:15 to get to work by 6:30, and as soon as I got home around 3:30 my dad and I were doing last minute decorating. You see? I wasn't on the Sims all day...

Anyway, it was a fairy uneventful Halloween. I was planning on standing outside to scare little kids, but it was cold and my costume wasn't really all that scary... Besides, I would rather leave it to inanimate objects to scare people. So I sat inside and either played the sims or played on my ipad. I did dress up though! No one recognized who I was, and at one point a little girl asked is I was a pirate... I have no idea why, I thought an elf would be closer. But then as the girl was walking away I heard her say to her friend "it smells gross in there", probably in response to the fact that we were burning pumpkin seeds (quick an impressive feat, I might add, considering how long they take to cook).

So that was my Halloween! I wish I had a picture of my pumpkin too, but I got lazy, and I'm still lazy, so I'll describe it rather than getting up to take a picture. It's a kind of light blue colour, but washed out to look kind of grey. We didn't think it would have any seeds inside, or at least not many (it's more like a squash or a gourd that a traditional pumpkin), so we didn't bother carving it. Not to mention I've been working or going to school nearly every day, so I haven't had time to help. A few hours before kids started to arrive, I just went into my dad's work shop, grabbed a hammer and some nails, and pounded them into the pumpkin. I must say, it looked pretty cool. I'm sad to say it was probably the scariest thing about our house. I mean, we have a blow up ghost in out front yard...

No comments:

Post a Comment