Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

Kwantlen Questions

I know it's Saturday and I said  was only going to post on Tuesday and Thursdays, but I've been looking at the courses I can take at Kwantlen, and I was hoping I might be able to lure in some students from there to answer a few questions. (I know you're out there, you've answered my questions before!)

First off, how is the commute from, say, Braid Station to the Surrey campus? Or even better, from the Douglas New West campus to the Surrey campus. (No matter the commute, it looks like I'm going to be taking courses in Surrey, as those are the only ones appearing on the list of classes. I might be doing the class search wrong though...)

I'm thinking of taking an online course. Any opinions or suggestions? Easier or harder? What about when we actually need to meet up, or if we need to meet up?

How are the professors? I've noticed there's only a small handful for all the classes, so I'm likely to have the same professor more than once.

I'm planning on taking fiction, poetry and creative non fiction, but how is screen writing? Easier or harder than fiction? Also, my real passion is speculative fiction, but I know that many programs shy away from it because it's not considered a serious genre. Is there anything like it that's taught, or even accepted, at Kwantlen?

Any other things to mention that I should know about? Hints or tricks for surviving?

No comments:

Post a Comment