Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

Don't Worry

Time for another poem! This isn't from the book, just something I came up with last night. It's still in the first draft stage, so there are a couple stanzas not finished, and I feel like there is a lot more I want to add.

Don’t worry about me.
Don’t try to see my future,
or tell me what will happen.
Don’t tell me I chose wrong.
And most certainly don’t give me that look.
The one you always try to hide,
but shows all your doubt.

Because I have it all under control.
I don’t know what will happen.
All I can do is hope
that my plans work in my favour.
And if I get lost
I will shift my direction
and keep going.

I can open a bookstore café
in a sleepy old town.
I will greet each customer by name
and spend more time talking
than it takes to drink a coffee.

I can start a magazine
for the average person.
No hidden meanings or convoluted messages.
No high standards or special degrees.
No philosophy or phycology.
Just stories on happy for enjoyment.

I can be a teacher
to pass on my knowledge of words.
You may see it as a failure, a last resort
but five succeeding students are better
than one successful me.

I can be an editor
to just read what I love
and help others to love what I read.

I can be a critic,
if I just steel my heart
and stop loving these words too much.

I can be so much more than you expect,
because I can read, and I can write.
So please, don’t worry that I chose wrong.
My path of life is not a path at all,
but a wide open prairie,
and the only obstacle
is the reach of my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment