Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

Merry Christmas!

First thing you should know is that my dad's side of the family is Swedish, so we celebrate Christmas on the 24th, rather than the 25th. I actually didn't realize for a very long time that Christmas was considered by most people to be on the 25th. So movies really confused me. I didn't understand why everyone waited until the morning to open presents. I thought it was only for stockings. Then I grew up and got a brain. And despite being twenty now, I still like to gloat to my friends that I get my presents a day early. They claim that they like the excitement, but I know they're all jealous. (joking, of course... maybe)

And since tomorrow is the 24th, I will be fairly busy with Christmas stuff. It's nearly midnight now anyway, so I feel justified in posting now. So, for any other European/Scandinavian/ 24th celebrators, Merry Christmas! For everyone who celebrates it on the 25th, Merry Early Christmas! For anyone that celebrates something else, Happy Holidays! I hope you get to spend the rest of this season with family and friends.

Updates on tomorrow night will arrive either Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I'll be working a lot once I get back from Christmas with my family, and hopefully will get the assistant manager training soon, so I might be a bit more busy. Not to mention I'll be going to school for a class in January, with at least a two hour commute, though I really need to test it out before classes start.

No comments:

Post a Comment