Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Late Late Late

I'm so sorry for missing the Friday post. I intended to write it on Saturday, but other things got in the way. I was barely on my laptop or Ipad at all since Friday. The big reason was the funeral of my grandma. We had at least a dozen people over for dinner on Saturday, and had several people staying the night since Thursday.  It was hectic, but a lot of fun. I finally got to meet some family members who I'm friends with through Facebook, and I reconnected with cousins that I had not seen for months, if not years. Unfortunately, it takes a death to bring the family together, it seems. The last time I saw some of these people was when my aunt's brother had died.

Then of course, Sunday was Mother's Day. I would like to say that I was busy spending the day with my mom, but we both had to work. So I woke up early (for me), she opened her presents, then my dad sister and I went out for a bit while she went to work. I would have seen her around seven that night, when I was scheduled to be off work, but my co-worker had not seen her mom all day, so we switched shifts so that she could see her mom, and I got two more hours of work.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. I'm considering putting my poem up that I read at the funeral. I've been warned not to put my work online, as it's considered published then, but I don't see myself publishing this poem for money any time soon, as it's far too personal to make sense to anyone other than my family. I'll think about it, and maybe on Wednesday I'll put it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment