Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Saturday 27 April 2013

Sleep Deprived

((Note: This post was started on Saturday and finished on Monday. I'm too lazy to change everything to the past tense, so you'll just have to read it like a diary.))

I've recently realized that the content and intelligence in my posts has decreased immensely in the last few months. In fact, it seems to correspond with the same time that I got a job... Just saying, I'm tired. But hey, money!

Anyway, I was awake at five this morning to get to work. the nice thing about opening is that the roads are pretty much empty, making it much easier to drive there, and you rarely have a rush early in the morning... Unless it's a week day. Luckily, I normally open on Saturdays. I especially like the four hour shifts, because then I get off at 10:30. That's what I had today. When I got home, I promptly forgot that I had worked at all today, and when my coworker texted me asking if I could take her closing shift, I probably would have accepted had I not been throwing a party tonight. It literally took me about half an hour before remembering that I wouldn't have been able to take the shift even if I was free tonight.

But yeah, party! Now that I'm out of school, I have a lot more time to socialize. That means that I'll get it all crammed in on one day at a party. It's also a chance to see all my school friends, as I probably won't see them again.

---

MONDAY

The party was a lot smaller than I expected. Unfortunately, school may be over, but that just means more work. Several of my friends had to work, or had previous plans that couldn't be changed. Fortunately, I still had about five friends able to come. However, the times at which they were available to come were a little scattered. That means there was one person around 12:30 to 3:00, at which time another friend arrived. Since it was just one person an me by 3:00, we just played Zelda. Around 4:00 another person showed up, but she liked Zelda too, so we just kept playing. At some point we switched to playing Apples to Apples, then that just petered out as we started watching youtube videos.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. I learned how to ply Rummy! I might not remember how to play, but it was a lot of fun while I did remember. The only one friend was able to sleep over, and we went to bed around 1:30 in the morning... I was awake for about twenty one hours. Then I was woken up around 9:00, so seven hours of sleep. Let's just say that I went to bed fairly early on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment