Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 19 April 2013

Done!

Once again I am exulted to be one with one of my semesters at school. This means that I am done with my second year at college, and I'm planning on going to university next school year. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get into the program I want at one university, and I was too late to apply to even get into another university, so I'll be sitting out for a semester. But that's okay, I'll just work my butt off to earn enough money so I won't have to take out student loans until hopefully next year, maybe even later. I'll have to get a second job though...

Anyway, some good news! I got an A- in my speculative fiction class, which is better than I expected. I don't generally talk much, and I admit, I didn't real all the stories, either because I was sick and didn't pick them up, or because I had way to much else to do, or for some reason I seem to have lost the last bunch of them... They're wandering around my room somewhere... I just don't know where. Either way, I was pleasantly surprised. Then I got a B+ in my introduction to writing children's literature class, which is still fairly good. I don't know my percentage, but I feel like it would have been very close to an A-, considering my picture book is being submitted to the school's anthology to be looked at for publication. I also got an A- on my history paper, so I think I'm in a pretty good standing for that class, and I think I did fairly well on my final.

Then there is the bad news... Apparently I am not cut out for writing essays on American Literature books. Of course, it all depends on the professor. I'm sure if I had handed it to one of my old professors, I would have at least gotten a B-. As it is... I don't want to admit my grade. I passed, but I'm not happy. But there isn't much I can do. I think I'll pass the class, as long as I got at least 40% on the final, and I think I managed that. But we'll see!

And I'm tired now, and I have a long summer of working and being lazy to look forward to. maybe I'll even continue working on some short stories to get published.

No comments:

Post a Comment