Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Book Bomb

About six days ago the son of one of my favourite authors, David Farland, was in an accident and went into a coma. Because the author is American, and because he is a writer, he has no insurance. For this reason, a Book Bomb is being held. This means that today one of his books, Nightingale, is being bought by anyone who wishes to donate to him. There is another way to donate, simply by giving money, but I'm more interested in the book. I wanted to buy a limited edition signed hard cover for $25.00, but apparently you have to live in the states to get that. I looked at the Canadian Amazon, but the prices were a lot higher, and the shippers didn't look all tat trustworthy. I don't like paying just as much for the shipping as I did for the book. So, I went to the book's website, and there I was finally able to get one of the signed hard cover editions for $25.00. (It said free shipping in the US... There was no shipping for my order...)

Anyway, here is the link to his webpage, if you're interested. It's a fairly small book, only about 480 pages. I think several of my friends would be interested, because as you can see, the main character is a good looking guy. Personally, I like David Farland because of his Runelords series, but this book has won multiple awards, so I'm going to give it a try.

I know lots of my friends are a little low on cash, but imagine how desperate this family is? You can read more about the son here. It's amazing how much damage a long boarding accident can cause. Also on this page you can donate some money without buying a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment