Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Even More Good News (Maybe)

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but it ends up my Personal Narrative piece actually did get published in my college's anthology. I didn't get paid, but it's still pretty amazing. Now I've just finished three more creative writing classes, Speculative Fiction, Advanced Poetry Writing and Writing for Children's Literature. I don't think any speculative fiction is every submitted to the anthology, since it's not considered a serious genre (bullshit in my opinion), and I have not heard anything from my poetry professor. But my children's literature professor is interested in submitting my picture book to the anthology! I'm not sure how that works, as I've never seen a section for children's literature in the anthology, but I'll trust that she knows what she's doing. If it is supposed to be incorporated in the fiction section, that means it's going up against all fiction, not just children literature, in which case it doesn't seem like I would have much of a chance, as I doubt people would rather read a picture book over more mature fiction. But I'm still hopeful.

In other news, I'm almost done with my second year at college. This semester as been the easiest one I've had, with three creative writing classes. I only have two finals, one of which is only on the stuff we learned since the midterm, so that should make it much easier. The second final is for American Literature, an the books we read for that class were all pretty boring. I'm kind of worried, because it's so difficult to study for english classes. The best I could do is re-read all the books but considering the first one we read was so bad that I never actually finished it... I don't think I can get through even one book by Friday. I guess I'll just Sparknote as many as I can so I can refresh my memory, and after that I'll just have to rely on luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment