Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Winter 2013: Day One

Today was my first day of classes for this semester, so I guess I'll do a really quick post on how it went. Fair warning though, it wasn't as exciting as last semester. My parents are home, and my sister was even home for the day to take care of my dog.

My first classes is American Literature: WWII and after, which starts at 12:30. It's a third year course, even though I'm still technically in my second year. I was told that it'll be hard, since my friend has already had the professor for a second year course. However, the course seems a lot like my Children's Literature class, so I think I'll be able to handle it. The books are quite a bit thicker, but we also have about three or four weeks to talk about them, which in Children's Literature we only had a week or two for each book. Unfortunately, after buying all the books and the course package, I spent about $124.00 on just that one class.

My second class of the day, Advanced Poetry Writing, starts at 2:30, ten minutes after American Literature ends, and just happens to be all the way across the school. I think it'll be fine though, since I know exactly where the classroom is. So we met today, and my professor was apologizing for the school making us come back on the second of January. Because of this, she's giving us Monday off. That means I'll be in school less than a week before one of my classes is already cancelled. It's also because it's a workshop class, and on Monday we'll have nothing to workshop, so don't start thinking that we're slackers and wasting our money.

When I left and was halfway to the skytrain station, I realized I had not picked up my transit pass from the college, so I had to pay using my change. Very frustrating, but I picked it up at the second campus, closer to my house. I really should figure our where the machines are that give out passes at the campus I'm at now...

And lastly, I've been looking for used copies of my textbooks to save some money. I got lucky this semester, and I only have one textbook over a hundred dollars. I might be able to get that one for $40 through Chapters, I just need to make sure it's actually the textbook I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment