Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

My Dog is Part Chicken

Oh man, I nearly forgot about my blog today, sorry 'bout that. I'm just going to do another quick list.

Things My Dog is Afraid Of

1) My dad (Or men in general)
This one is actually quite sad. My dog is a rescue dog, and she was abused when she was a puppy. For the first year we had her, she would barely ever get close to my dad. Even now, when he stands up she runs from the room... Maybe because she's expecting him to give her a treat or something. But she's pretty shy around any guests that she doesn't recognize, especially if they're men.

2) Drains
We found this one out a couple years ago, then it just went away for a few months. It seems to have come back a couple months ago though. For some reason my dog is afraid of drains. We suspect that one time when she escaped from the house she might have gotten her paw stuck in the grating, but that doesn't explain why she was suddenly fine with them for a while.

3) Heights
It's adorable and sad at the same time. There is a foot bring on a trail not far from my house. If we want to go over it, we literally need to pull my dog across. When we go across the car bridge, she's a little better, probably because she can cower against the barrier between the road and the side walk.

4) Ice
I just found out about this one today. While on a walk with her and my parents, my dad tried to pull her down to the lagoon, which was frozen over. She wouldn't come within five metres of it. When it's not frozen, she will be more than happy to come down, but she was freaked out by the ice.

5) The dark
This one isn't confirmed yet, but she will rarely be in a room with no lights. She's almost eleven now, and we think he eyesight is beginning to go, so she probably can't see very will in the dark anymore.

And I'm sure there are plenty more, but I can't remember any at the moment. My dog is basically scared of half the things in the world, but the top five are the biggest for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment