Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 4 January 2013

Good Week, Good Life

It's hard to believe I can actually be having a good week, as it's the start of school. As I said in my last post, my first day went pretty well. Yesterday was my second day, and I had Europe in the High Middle ages (Where the only thing I remember is that they ate a shit ton of bread), and Speculative Fiction, which is a creative writing class for things like sci fi, fantasy, those type of things. It was a lot of fun, and I think I'll like the class and the people in it. The only problem is that we're not allowed to write chapters or small parts of novels. We actually have to write a short story with a beginning, middle and end. Now I can easily do the beginning, but I feel like I need more then seven pages to get a whole story down, especially for fantasy fiction. But we'll see how it goes.

Today I only had one class, which was Introduction to Writing Children's Literature. I must say, I think it's been my favourite class so far, even though I know I'm going to struggle to come up with an idea for a picture book... My writing isn't exactly ideal for kids ages 4-8... However, next week we have to bring in our favourite picture books from when we were younger. I wanted to bring in three (The Monster at the End of the Book, Mister Got to Go and A Coat of Many Colours) but unfortunately I cannot seem to find the latter one, so it looks like it'll just be the first two.

I also have the best news I have heard all year. My favourite author, Brandon Sanderson, is coming back to my city to do a book signing for A Memory of Light, which is the final book in the Wheel of Time series. I was worried that I might have to miss a day of school to go see him, but it ends up the day falls right in the middle of my reading break. Even better, it's on February 14th, so I finally have plans for Valentines Day... Which is fairly sad, but honestly, I would rather go to a book signing than have a boyfriend. *pushes up nerd glasses*

No comments:

Post a Comment