Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Nightmares...

I'm really tired right now, because I was woken up at 6 this morning by another bad dream. I tried getting back to sleep around 7, and I even managed to doze off around 8:30, but none of it really helped. To top it off, I have a stomach ache. So, I'm not really in the mood for anything creative or fun, so here is a small piece of dialogue I wrote. It was an assignment for my Introduction to Writing Children's Literature class, and it goes along with the story I posted on Wednesday, but I never included the dialogue into the story.


At Christmas dinner, Toby stomped down the stairs, dressed up in his cardboard box suit of armor.
“Well, don’t you look adorable, Mr. Robot.” his aunt cooed when she noticed him.
“I’m not a robot,” Toby complained, “I’m a knight!”
“Oh, of course, I was just messing with you.” she grinned and reached over to ruffle his blond hair.
“Knights don’t like being messed with.” Toby scowled and put a hand on his paper towel roll sword.
“But I’m your aunt; I’m allowed to mess with you.”
“Knights don’t have family.” Toby replied gravely.
“They don’t? What happened to them?” she asked, her eyes lit up in amusement.
“They were captured. It’s why they become knights, to have revenge.” a grimace twisted Toby’s lips.
“Well then, how about I become your adoptive aunt?” she suggested.
Toby thought about it for a moment, looking suspiciously up at her, “Only if you don’t mess with me.”
“I swear, I won’t mess with you.”
“And only if you don’t touch my hair.”
“I swear, I won’t touch your hair.”
Toby grinned and nodded. “Okay, deal.” he held out his hand to confirm it.
His aunt nodded and shook his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment