Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Me and Her


They call me Pale
                They call her porcelain.
They call me boney
                They call her skinny.
They call me nerdy
                They call her smart.
They call me boring
                They call her mature.
They call me sarcastic
                They call her funny.
They call me shy
                They call her cute.
And she is me and I am her
And they are friends
And they are family
And they are haters
And they are lovers
And they are me and her.


((Just a super quick poem I thought up while on the bus. For the record, the first part is roughly based on me, but exaggerated. I wanted to show that even if you're called things such as pale, boney, nerdy or anything like that, there's always a good side to it. And also that you can be the very one to be calling yourself these bad things, but you will also be the one calling yourself the good names too.

Finally, please don't take this poem, it's mine and I want to keep it mine.))

2 comments:

  1. So true
    so many ways to look at people and so many ways to judge what you see
    Fat or curvy, enthusiastic or annoying. It could be the same thing but people just interpret it differently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to add more traits such as fat or curvy, but that would have conflicted with the boney and skinny. Maybe I'll write a new one that is more general.

      Delete