Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Life Update

I feel like I should have a lot to post, but nothing is coming to me. So I'm just going to post a quick life update.

I'm well on my way to becoming assistant manager. I think I should be done within a couple weeks. At least, I hope so. My manager is going on vacation during spring break, so I'll be in charge. I know the important things, but it'll always be good to be done with my training.

I'm halfway done with my class. The last few assignments have been difficult, because they required the computer and fancy programs that I've either never used, or haven't used since high school (this makes me feel old...) Not to mention computers hate me, and I missed an important class because of the flu. Looks like we've moved on to short stories though, at least for now. I might post what I've written later, but it's a very short version of a longer story I'm writing.

I'm not a terrible driver anymore! I can't remember if I ever complained about driving here (I must have at some point), but I've been learning on a standard. It was much harder before because I was learning in a small car with no power steering or anything fancy. My parents got a new car though, and I've been driving it. It has power steering, which has been really nice. It's just as hard to back into a parking spot or parallel park though.

I've been wasting my time walking shows on Netflix. I found a really cool one called The Guild. It's pretty much perfect. It's a nerd show, based around a bunch of people who play an RPG. Each show is about an hour and a half long, but consists of the whole season. I was excited to see six seasons, before I realized that there was only one show in each season and I had watched them all.
I've also been watching Continuum, which is different from what I normally watch. It's cool though, because it's set in Vancouver, and as far as I know, it's the only show like that. Most shows are set in New York, or Chicago, or some other big American city.
And finally, Pokemon. It was my love when I was younger, but i rarely got to watch it because we didn't have cable. Then when we finally got cable, I was too old to watch it without being embarrassed. Now it's on Netflix, and I just don't give a shit about what other people think. It helps that a bunch of my friends are addicted with Pokemon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment