Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

I'm Saying it Again...

I'm sorry for missing the Monday update. I sat here for hours trying to think of something to write about, and came up with nothing interesting. As it is, I still haven't come up with much.

But I have the day off work, so that's exciting! There was a little complication with the schedule, and for a while this morning I wasn't sure if I was going to be called in. It appears my co-worker showed up to work after all, so I have a whole day to do chores and catch up on things I've left hanging.

I've said this before, but I'm saying it again. I'm going to start entering my work into literary magazines. I sent in a short story to a speculative fiction magazine, and I should be hearing back within a few weeks. The problem with literary magazines is that there are very few that have to do with speculative fiction, and that's where I'ms strongest. I write poetry, but from what I've seen, it's nothing compared to what gets into magazines and books. It seems you have to make absolutely no sense to the average person to be considered a good poet. Unfortunately, I either write cliché poems (about the female image, fear, writing, ect.) or I write comedy poems, neither of which appear to be popular in magazines.

But I'm going to join this writing group. It's only $20 a year, and I'm hoping it'll give me some help when it comes to publishing, or submitting stories. Maybe even with my procrastination. So hey! Look for my name in some magazines coming soon, maybe I'll get published.

No comments:

Post a Comment