Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

My Adventures Working at Starbucks

Normally I don't talk about work, because a lot of things can be misconstrued and taken in a bad way, but today I'm going to write an amused list of everything that has happened to me in the last couple days.

1) Yesterday, around 10:00 am, I sliced my pinkie finger on our tape dispenser. It was about to fall, but I managed to successfully, if painfully, catch it. The teeth where the tape is ripped cut my finger though. When my manager returned from whatever she was doing, I held up my finger and calmly stated "I think I might need a band-aid." (By this point the bleeding had stopped, and it's been perfectly fine since)

2) I started today thinking it was Tuesday. I was looking around at all the date stickers, and couldn't figure out why there were so many Monday stickers, and why those products that not been thrown away. I would quickly remember that it was Monday, but a few minutes later would forget, and get confused all over again.

3) Later today, while making a drink, I was pumping raspberry syrup. As is often the case, it splashed up and out of the cup. I didn't think it was too bad until I started to make a drink on the espresso machine a few minutes later, to find drops of raspberry syrup on the machine. The syrup is about five or six feet away from the espresso machine...

4) Not long after the syrup incident, I was making a fresh pot of coffee. While trying to put the bin of coffee filters away, I managed to hit myself in the face, thus knocking my glasses off, which fell into the garbage can. I promptly burst out in laugher and nearly began crying.

5) I got home a little after 11:00 am, and realized I managed to get raspberry syrup in my hair. When I got changed, I found raspberry syrup on my chest, where my shirt was covering the skin. The saddest part is that I only made two drinks with raspberry syrup today, and now it's showing up everywhere.

Needless to say, I'll be happy to get some more sleep tonight. Maybe I'll be a little less clumsy wen I work on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment