Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 29 July 2013

A Choice

After over a week of being divided between the two schools, I think I've made a choice.

Kwantlen and UBC both have their merits and downfalls, of course. They're both difficult to get to, though Kwantlen seems to be a little easier. UBC is prestigious, but for a creative writing major, does that really matter? There are writers that never went to post secondary for writing, and have done fairly well. So the actual course doesn't matter all that much, and that's pretty much the only thing that was drawing me toward UBC.

There has just been so many complications with UBC. First is the $250 fee to accept their acceptance. Then I would have to take at least one class in the fall or winter semester to stay as a new applicant at the school. This makes sense, but I would have to pay for a winter class now, rather than later. I cannot afford that now, as I just paid off my tuition for one class at Douglas, and UBC is much more expensive. Not to mention there are very few classes that are open now that I'm interested in. I think there was one Latin class, but it was three days a week for one hour. It feels like such a waste to go all the way into Vancouver for one hour every day, when the commute one way will take twice as long.

So as you might have guessed, I've picked Kwantlen. My mom has already told me that she's okay if I don't go to UBC, but I tink my dad will be kind of disappointed. But I'm not going to pay an outrageous amount of money for a degree at UBC that I can get at Kwantlen for a lower price. Not to mention I don't have to pay for my winter semester at Kwantlen now. I can't even sign up for Winter courses there until later. It's much more like my current college, so the transition will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment