Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Meet the Characters: Blight

Today's character is named Blight. He's most recently stared in the beginning of a short story I began to write for my speculative fiction class. In that story he is a Lamia (Latin for vampire) but other times he is a monster hunter. 

It says here that your name is Blight. Is that true?
It’s what I call myself.

But it’s not your real name? What name were you given at birth?
That’s none of your business.

Alright, fine. What did you do to deserve your current name?
That’s none of your business either.

We’re not going to get very far in this interview if that’s going to be your answer to everything.
People seem to die around me.

That’s a little different from seeing dead people. More like you create dead people?
In a way.

Lovely. Isn’t that against the law?
Some were accidents. Others were just part of my job.

What job?
Security.

Of course. What were the accidents?
None of your business.

My parents. And my sister. And my adopted family. And my fiancée. And my best friend.

That’s harsh. I’m sorry for your loss… losses.
I don’t need your pity.

A tough guy like you? Of course not.
I don’t appreciate the sarcasm.

What sarcasm? I’m sure you’re just as stone hearted as your name suggests.
…Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment