Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 28 June 2013

Meet the Characters: Audrey LeRue

It's still Friday, so technically this isn't late... Unless you're in a later time zone, in which case, sorry. We're going back into the Character Conversations. I only have a few left after this, but I'll probably post more later, since these are very good for developing characters.


Let’s start with your full name.
It’s Aurey LeRue.

Sounds French. Where are you from?
Quebec, Canada. So yes, French, but not the real French.

Have you ever been to France?
No, but I’m saving up money to travel there. It would be awesome to just backpack through the country, away from all the tourists and busy cities.

Sounds beautiful. Would you go with anyone?
If you’re thinking about my parents, hell no. I would rather go with a close friend or two.

I notice you don’t have an accent.
No, we moved away from Quebec when I was seven. I speak French, but I lost my accent.

Why did you move?
A lot of drama with my parents that I don’t understand. I think my dad had an affair or something, but they both deny it. As long as it doesn’t affect my life, I don’t care.

You seem distant from them. Why?
I don’t know. They never seemed to care about me when they made life changing decisions. Like moving away from Quebec to some stupid town in the middle of Canada. They’re also really strict. They won’t let me date, or be out past ten. They refuse to let me go to any parties, and I’m not allowed more than two people over at the same time. I’m surprised they even let me bleach my hair, though I never told them before I did it…

Wait, parties and dating? How old are you?
…I’m almost seventeen.


Kids these days…

No comments:

Post a Comment