Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Meet the Characters: Abby

Just in time for this blog post. Today I'll be using one of my generic characters. She doesn't come with a set plot, since I've used her on a couple occasions for short stories. She started from an idea for a longer story, and her personality has not changed much from it. So here you are; Abby.

First off, what is your name?
Abby. Well, Abigale, but everyone calls me Abby.

That’s a rather old fashioned name. Does that reflect your mother?
Hell no. Not when she had me, at least. She was eighteen. That slut.

You don’t seem to be on very good terms with her.
We fight all the time. I can’t wait until I’m old enough to move out.

How old are you now?
Seventeen. As soon as I turn eighteen, I’m out of here.

What about your father?
Never knew him. That bastard left my mom and me when I was two.

How sad. Is there any connection between him leaving and your fighting with your mom?
Definitely. Apparently I look a lot like him. I have his red hair and hazel eyes, so every time my mom looks at me, she’s reminded of him. You would think she would get over it eventually, but I guess not.

How does she cope?
We move around a lot. She finds it hard to keep a job, and whenever she loses one, or breaks up with her boyfriend, we move. It’s really annoying, but I won’t have to deal with it soon.

And how do you cope?
With what? My dad? I don’t care. With the moving, I just learned a long time ago to suck it up. I make friends easily, but I never get too attached. Never managed to get a long distance relationship working with a guy though. I blame my mom.

Will you miss her when you move out?
Maybe after a few years. She’ll start missing me after a week though. She claims to hate me, but she’s way too protective. She still makes me call home to make sure I got to wherever I was going safely.

It seems like she loves you very much then.

Ppft, I doubt it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment