Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Midterm, Projects, Essay Essay Essay

Once again it seems I am being swamped by school work. tomorrow I have my Astronomy midterm, which I actually studied for this time. Then on Thursday I have a creative assignment due. Normally this would be a lot of fun, but since it's for a history course, it means a lot of research, and writing an essay to accompany it. I'm playing to my strengths and writing a poem, so that means I'll have something new up soon. Then I have three more essays due for three difference classes. One of them is due on November 29th, same day as a presentation for the same class, so I have a little more time to think about it. But my other two are coming up within a week or two, and they're both for English courses. I'm doing one of my essays on Dulce Et Decorum Est, which is one of my very favourite poems. It's on a very morbid topic, but it's written so beautifully.

So anyway, by now you should know that I'm not up to writing anything new, and I'm running low on new work, so here is something very small:


I have taken
a trek
through the stars.
I have fought
battles,
and survived
disasters.
All in the
comfort
of a Hollywood
set.
And not once
did I say,
“Beam me up, Scotty”
so don’t
misquote me.
I am
however
a very
fascinating,
captain.
With a fear
of flying.
And though
it has been
years,
I still remain
healthy
and boyishly handsome
because of
the blood
of young runaways.
So you may say
my life has been
Weird
Or What,
but,
one thing
is for sure.
I will not be
forgotten.


You may have guessed that I was writing in the voice of William Shatner. It was a poem for one of my classes last year, and I really should edit it a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment