Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Brain Dead

So, I was up until about three or four doing homework last night, so I slept in late this morning. I mean, really late. It must have been around 2 in the afternoon... That just means that it's quarter past one now, and I'm not at all tired. A good thing, considering I'm working on homework again. I really shouldn't be taking a break, but hey, I've started and nearly finished an essay just today, so I think that I'm making enough progress to quickly write a post.

Anyway, like I said, I've been busy all day working on my essay for my World Societies class. I'm doing it on Mesopotamian and Egyptian writing. (Surprise there, eh?) Well, not quite writing, more like scripture. I'm looking at their alphabets. It would be a lot more interesting if I didn't have to keep to a rigid structure in my essay. Since I'm comparing the uses, form and development, I can't go off talking about the religion behind it, or modern developments in deciphering them... Though I admit that I kind of did once in a while...

Now I'm stuck though, because I'm nearly at the end of my essay, but the book I'm using for my information on Egyptian script hasn't said anything about the simpler script that the lower classes used. Since I'm trying to talk about the development of the two scripts, it's very hard to do so when according to one of the textbooks, there was no development.

But then, I am only on page 17, so you never know... Unfortunately, most of the book is looking at religion and the practises of death and burial...

Well, back to writing. Once I'm done with projects and finals in about two weeks, then I'll have a post up about my upcoming Zelda Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment