Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Character Conversation

Ugh, okay, so I have another nasty cold. It's not as bad as it was yesterday, but after school today, my headache is back. Because of this, I'm just going to post something pre-written. This is something I did for fun a few months ago. It's called a character Conversation. Basically it's like an interview between me an a character. It helps to develop them, because it makes you ask basics questions such as name, age, rank, appearance, heritage, and so on. I never actually finished this one, but I'm not in the mood to do so now. Maybe later...
Anyway, the bold would be my questions, the regular font is the character's reply.


I’ll start off with very basic questions. First, what is your full name?
I am Tanlar Stanegin, first and only son of Eiod Stanegin, heir to the Stanegin name.
Very detailed. Any middle name?
We do not have middle names where I come from.
And where is that?
I live in the great land of Ro Amir, in the Province of Troth, over which my father rules.
So your father is the king?
Oh no, just a Lord. But our lands are very extensive; we might as well be considered royalty.
And what about you? Will you take over your father’s place?
In time. For now I am still learning and training. When I come of age I will replace him.
And how old are you now?
I have lived through seventeen summers.
So you’re seventeen? How old must you be to take over as Lord?
Twenty one, unless my father passes before then.
And do you have any siblings who will contend for the title?
I only have my younger sister.
And what is her name?
Nadalia Stanegin.
A beautiful name. Does her appearance rival it?
Ah, yes. She takes after my late mother. Her hair is a light brown with-
Sorry to cut you off, but this interview is about you. And who do you take after?
My father, of course. The brown hair and brown eyes run in the Stanegin bloodline. Through the males at least.
And you are a warrior, am I right?
Yes, I have been trained since the day I could walk. I have quite the body for the women to swoon over.
Ah, yes, right… And modest, I see.
All great Lords must show modesty.
What else have you learned from your training?
I can read and write as well as any scribe, and my dancing is nothing to be ashamed of. I am the best fighter in the castle and my aim with a bow is unmatched.
Yes, I can see the modesty now… You said you live in a castle? What is it called?
Stonehold, so called because of the two mountains that back it.
Impressive. It must be very well guarded then.
No one has ever taken it.
No one? Wow. Has anyone ever tried?
Of course. People are still trying. In fact, there is a Lord to the south who has been trying to take our land for years now.
And how is that going?
…Perfect.


And as usual, copyright and stuff. These ideas are all mine, so don't go taking my names and stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment