Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

My Body Hates Me

I'm finally starting to get over this cold, although I still have a head ache, a stuffy/runny nose and my cough is still pretty bad. I'm just hoping the bus to and from class today will not make it worse. However, this morning my body decided to torture me with some really bad cramps. As if being always tired and worn out form a cold wasn't bad enough.

And of course, I still have my essay due tomorrow and mi terms coming up, so I still don't have much time to post anything new, so here is some poetry I wrote last year.

Imagination of Childhood


Hanna! Hanna! Come out and Play!
We’ll run and laugh ‘till the end of day!
Ignore the rules, forget the laws,
Because with us, time will pause.

The sun is bright as the middle of May,
The flowers plentiful for a bouquet.
Brave the monster with the snapping jaws,
Then run away from his massive claws. 

Ignore the sky as it colours grey,
From the parents we run away.
Stand our ground as the sun withdraws,
Hide ourselves in shadow’s gauze

Back in home we cannot stray,
Until tomorrow, in our beds we lay.
We wake to the sound of a rooster caw,
In each other we see now flaw.

Hanna! Hanna! Come out and Play!
We’ll run and laugh ‘till the end of day!
Ignore the rules, forget the laws,
Because with us, time will pause.



Night Sight

Each night I look up,
And see the moon thrice the size it should be,
Pulsing as if it were the heart of the sky,
And each of the millions of stars
Are its limbs cradling the world.

I see the two guardian angels,
One on the door, one on the closet,
To keep the intruders out and the monsters in.
Only the light of day will make them fade,
Until the night arrives again.

In the corner is a cloaked figure,
Made of shadows, not darkness.
When the light of my angels shine,
It will be there to protect my treasures,
The hundreds of portals of the mind,
The imaginations of many,
The ink stained paper.

And in the morning when I awaken,
I will look around to see nothing.
No heart of the sky.
No guardian angels.
No protector of stained paper.
But I know, they will be there tonight.


Let The Sirens Pass

Oh please, please,
Let the Sirens pass.
Just move, move,
To let them go.

It comes closer,
The call of the reaper,
The song of the angels.
And stops.

Silent as death,
The last breath
That escapes the quivering lips,
And breathes again.

Oh please, please,
Silence the sirens.
Fall quiet, quiet,
As the sleeping babe.

Pounding steps,
The march of an army.
One by one,
They file by.

Go up, up,
To the resting man.
We wait, wait,
For word of hope.

Faceless, nameless,
Their army marches.
The beat of his heart.
Keep walking, keep beating.

Oh please.
Please.
Let the sirens pass.
Just move.
Move.
To let them go.


((And once again, copyright and that stuff. I wrote this, this is mine, don't use it without my permission.))




2 comments:

  1. Hanna I knew you were a good writer but I never knew how well you wrote poems! I love them~! <3

    And hopefully you get better soon :(
    I'm just getting over a cold too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost over now, just an annoying cough that won't go away and I seem to get a head ache at night, but that might be from school and homework.

      And thank you, poetry is not quite my forte, but when I'm in the mood, I enjoy writing it.

      Delete