Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 15 October 2012

Birthday

Once again I'm going to have to delay the new piece of work, since I haven't had time today, and I honestly just kind of forgot about it during the weekend. So instead I'll just ramble about how my birthday party was.

First off six of us were supposed to meet at the laser tag place, but Liliana never showed up... Actually, I haven't heard anything from her since she was supposed to get on the bus... I'm hoping that she just went back home.

Anyway, there were five of us for laser tag; myself, Brittney, Sianna, Vanessa and Kyra. We played three games, the first one being a free for all, and the last two being on teams. I wasn't too bad. During the free for all I actually did pretty well... Probably because I hit my friends on a few occasions. (Sorry guys) During the second game I came in 11th for my team, which wasn't great, but at least I didn't come eighteenth. *coughSiannacough* Unfortunately, during the third game my gun wasn't working properly and it wasn't shooting successive lasers, so I had to pull the trigger every time I wanted to shoot, which really slowed it down and messed with my aim.

After that there was a bit of a misunderstanding, and Sarah, who was planning on meeting us at the laser tag place, had no ride back to Red Robins and had to bus. Luckily the bus seemed to show up pretty quickly, but I still feel terrible. (Sorry Sarah!) I gave her a hug to make up for it, and anyone who read my previous blog post about love knows that my hugs are pretty rare.

During dinner I was allowed to have a grilled cheese off of the kids menu, and no it wasn't just for the price. I  love grilled cheese, and they make them really well at Red Robins. However, since it was my first day being 19, I ordered some sort of alcoholic beverage, of which I never actually got the name. It tasted like Sprite and kool-aid, and I could only barely taste the alcohol after I swallowed. Interestingly enough, I felt nothing from it. My parents suggested that there actually wasn't any alcohol in it. For someone who has avoided any alcohol her whole life, my first drink, although good, was rather anticlimactic  I think I'll need several more to just get a buzz... I guess that's a good thing though, since I don't like making a fool of myself, and I will no doubt do so if I'm drunk.

After my moment of being an adult and drinking alcohol, they brought out my cake. It had Pikachu and Squirtle on it. I had hoped to also have Charmander and Bulbasaur, but they couldn't fit it onto the cake. Pikachu's head tasted amazing.

I came home around 9:30, and opened up presents with my family. I'll leave a list below of what I got, since I know people will be curious. However, I'll probably also forget some smaller things, since there was more than I had expected. Heck, maybe the alcohol did mess with my mind, because I'm already finding it hard to remember who gave me what... Then again, that happens more often than I care to admit.

Brittney: Brave: The Wii video game
Sarah: A gift card to Tim Hortons for $15
Sianna: A box of cookies that looked like a scene from Super Mario Brothers, another box of cookies, a pair of snake earrings, a box in the shape of a book with candy inside and a small contain shaped like a mushroom from Mario with chocolate kisses inside
Shaina: A very beautiful photo of me edited to make it look like I'm a fairy, and a long video card
Kyra: My gift is apparently still in the mail...
Vanessa: Three bottles of lovely smelling perfume
Farmor (Dad's mom): Two Disney movies on DVD (Atlantis and Anastasia), a book (Elantris by Brandon Sanderson) and a pen/stylus to use with my ipad
Granny (Mom's mom): A gift card to Itunes for $15, a book (A Murderous Procession by Ariana Franklin) and a package of magnetic book marks
Mom and Dad: A book (Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson), a pair of grey skinny jeans and a T-shirt that has not yet come in the mail.

I know there must be at least something I have forgotten, so please tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment