Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Forever Flawed

((Ugh, school is once again getting in the way of writing. After tomorrow, though, I don't have any major assignments due until middle of November, so I should have more time then. As for now, here is a small paragraph I wrote a couple years ago.

I'm going to tell you a secret. I am terrified of what people think about my writing. I've made it my goal to become a writer, but the truth is that only about 1% of writers will make enough money to earn a living from their royalties. I look at the books by other authors, and I can never compare myself to them (Except George R. R. Martin. I love his work, but I sometimes question his choice in words...) Anyway, go ahead and read, but I must request that you don't comment to tell me that it's all lies. I understand that I may be over reacting, but once again, the chance of earning a living from writing is very slim.))




I am a failure, a fraud. The compliments ring mercilessly in my mind. The lies they hold kept my hopeless dream alive, and like a floodgate newly opened, the truth swept them away. I am no different than the millions. I will grow old and die, forgotten. These words I write, no one will remember, no one will care. Just the dreams of a silly girl. What is the point of them? We cling to them rather than accept the reality we live in. These dreams we are told to make, to strive for, is just mist in our mind, obscuring the truth of life. Dreams are pointless. They are the bullies of our mind. They knock us down, steal our confidence and leave a hollow shell of our former self. My dream is gone, just a memory now. I will never be known, nor remembered. These words will never leave this page, for they are my words. Forever flawed, never perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment