Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Thursday 17 July 2014

The Amazing Spider Man 2 review

I finally got around to seeing The Amazing Spider Man 2! It was amazing.

First off, I'm going to just say that I will always love the newer Spider Man movies better than the old ones. I know the old ones stuck to the comic version better, but they were just cheesy. I hated Toby Maguire, and when you hate the main character, it kind of ruins the rest of the movies.

The new Spider Man movies, even if they don't quite stay true to the comic books, are just better. I think this is because Andrew Garfield actually has humor, and feeling, and everything that is needed to not be the stoic and boring character that Maguire was. Always smiling or having a stupid looking face is not good enough. In fact, I think the best scenes with Garfield are when you cannot even see his face.

But onto the actual movie. One of my favorite parts was the cameo of Stan Lee, and when he says 'I recognize that guy' upon seeing Spider Man. Just perfect. I think I was the only person in the theatre that laughed. Everything else was great, but that's what stuck with me.

Just a short review today. I never cared for Spider Man before, but it's now becoming one of my favorite super hero movies, right behind Iron Man and right before Thor.

No comments:

Post a Comment