Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

A Note from Me to You

I realize it's been a while since I posted any of my writing. So I'm going to crack open the ol' 'Things to Write About' book and start at it again.

A Note From Me to You

It's been a long time.
I would say six, maybe seven years?
Of course, I'm still here.
You give me a nod of acknowledgment
every time you laugh
every time you cry
every time you make a fool of yourself.
But I'm dying.
If you do not let me back
the person you are,
who you used to be,
will die too.
All you need to do is
remember
the long summer days
and cold winter nights.
When time was judged by breakfast, lunch and dinner
or the setting of the sun.
You remember what the sun is, right?
You hide behind a glowing screen now.
Your laughter is three letters long
and rarely more than a smile.
You remember what a smile is, right?
It's not a colon and a sideways D.
It's a brightening of the eyes
and genuine happiness made visible.
You remember what happiness is, right?
It's your childhood.
And I'm dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment