Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Clone Wars review

So summer arrived this week. It's too hot. Too damn bloody hot. So I've been kind of avoiding my laptop. And by that, I mean I've been spending maybe an hour less on it than usual. I did manage to finish off the Clone Wars on Netflix though!

When I first started watching it, I was skeptical. I thought it would be some stupid spin off that was made simply to sate the need for more Star Wars. Actually, that's probably true. Still, it was done so well!

My favorite part, by far, are the clones. Unlike in the movies, they're given personalities, names and actual lives. Not to mention they can actually hit stuff with their blasters. It's almost heart rending to know what happens in the movies, and the clones are basically brain washed to join the dark side.

A near second for my favorite part is Asoka, the padawan of Anakin. She just so... Spunky. I hate to use such an archaic word, but it's all I can think of to describe her. *SPOILERS AHEAD* Of course, they had to get rid of her somehow before the end of the series, as she's not present in the movies. I thought she would be killed off, but near the end of the fifth series, she is caught up in a plot to bring down the Jedi order, and accused of planting a bomb that killed many. After being cast out of the Jedi Order, it's eventually revealed that it was someone else that planted the bomb. However, she could no longer trust the Jedi to trust her, so she just walks off into the sun set. I was hoping she would actually be promoted to a Jedi Knight, but I like this ending better. It means that she probably never died. Still leaves open the question as to why she never fought back, or never used her skills to fight the dark side during the times of the movies, but still, a good ending.

Even the graphics were pretty good. It's animated, so I expected it to be similar to cartoons of these days, the ones meant for little kids. These were somewhere between the old 2D style and the new overly 3D style, and it was perfect. It can be seen best during the fighting scenes, which are far better than anything the movies could have done.

All in all, I would definitely suggest it for anyone that enjoyed the movies, or even just likes science fiction type shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment