Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Surprise!

I'm so proud of myself. I planned and threw a surprise party for my friend, without her finding out until the right time. I don't think this amount of planning will ever happen again in my life. It was hard.

So my friend went to Belize for school for about a month or so, when she came back about a week before her birthday. She didn't plan anything, so I decided that I would. I've always wanted to do something like this for a friend, mainly because I wish someone else would do it for me. The problem is, all my friends love having birthday parties, so they always start planning their own about a month in advance. I jumped at the chance this time, and despite everything, I don't regret it.

Alright, it really wasn't that hard, I'm just lazy. Originally we were planning on having it at her house, and just had to ask her parents to get her out of the house for an hour or two. But I'm so socially awkward, that I didn't actually want to talk to her parents. Not to mention, if she picked up the phone, I would have to come up with an excuse as to why I wanted to talk to her parents. So I had her cousin text her aunt (my friend's mom). However, it ended up that my friend was using her mom's phone, as her own wasn't working. In the end, we planned that everyone would come down to my house, under the pretense that my friend, her cousin and I would be hanging out. Luckily, her cousin comes over to my house more often that she goes to my friend's house, so there was no suspicion.

So they day came (Sunday), and everything actually worked out! Only one person didn't show up, and another person came late, both because of work reasons. We had a great time, or at least I did. The best part was the present we gave her, which I think was a bigger surprise than the actual party. We all went in together to buy her a Wii U. Her reaction was priceless. I wish we had filmed it.

Anyway, I'm done with planning for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment