Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Norman/Norman

It's Tuesday! I nearly forgot... And I'm tired, so let's get back into the swing of me posting school work! It's a good thing I'm a creative writing student, or that would be very boring... Here is a quick poem I wrote for class. We were supposed to come up with an ancestor and write five lines with as much detail as possible, then the final line is supposed to link myself to the ancestor.

He stands straight as the mast of the ship beneath his feet,
calloused hands clasped behind his back and legs apart to stay balanced upon the rolling grey sea.
The steady wind tugs weakly at the snarled mess of a red beard and plucks at the hair dull with brine.
His blue gaze remains fixed on the speck of land in the distance
with narrowed eyes and the small grin of a conqueror before a conquest.

I wobble uncertainly on a moving bus, my eyes darting frantically about for landmarks on the route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment