Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

I Carry The Plague!

So I have the flu. It's why I didn't post yesterday, and why I'm keeping it short today. It started right as I woke up on New Years day, and got worse during work. It started with a bad headache, which has not abated since. I had a bit of a sore throat, but it went away after I had something to drink. The most annoying has been my stomach though. I've restricted my eating because I'm constantly afraid that I'm going to throw up. Today I had an orange for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch (which I actually had to force down) and a small salad for dinner. I've been drinking a lot of ginger ale the last few days, which is quite a feat, since I hate ginger ale. Something about the taste of ginger. And to top it off, it's been very difficult to find people to take my shifts at work, because a couple of my co-workers would rather have a day off than relieve me. Luckily, I also have some really great co-workers who were able to help, even if it was impossible for them to completely take my shifts.

And before anyone asks, I'm fairly certain this isn't a cold. Normally my colds come on gradually and I can feel them. They come in stages, like a stuffy nose one day, a sore throat the next, then climax for about a day before pretty much vanishing. What I have came on very suddenly, with the first two symptoms being a headache and a stomach ache. The runny nose came later, and the sore throat is gone, not to mention I've barely had to cough. Lately I've been very cold. Earlier today I was wearing a shirt, a sweater, a winter jacket and a very thick robe, and I was still cold. I don't handle the cold well... The thing is, I haven't had a flu in many years. The last time was probably when I was very young, still in elementary school. So I guess I should be happy this is the first one I've had in a long time.

Anyway, it's 7:30. I think I might go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment