Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Headache

I have a new poem! Unfortunately, it's a complete mess, and I don't know how well it'll work here. But I'll try. It's a concrete poem, so that means that half the meaning of the poem, if not more, comes from the shape or the image of it. Since it requires manipulating words in ways that Word does not do, I had to do my poem on Paint. It's rather sad... I don't have any fancy programs for things like this. Anyway, here it is!

                                                                                               Shut up






I didn't add the last two words to the Paint picture, so on Word it looks fine, but I'm not sure how it'll turn out on a blog. Either way, the 'Shut Up' is part of the poem.

2 comments:

  1. The placement of the shut up is perfect! The white space around it really gives an effect of all that noise ending abruptly once the eye reaches those pair of words!

    Apart from that I like how you included Hey! Listen XD

    geekypinkness.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping someone would notice that. XD I don't really expect people to try to read the words in the top, but if they do, there actually is an order. The smallest words are things like whisper, hum, murmur, just quest words. Then the next size up are trivial things like gossip. Above that are loud words, like shout, scream, etc. After that are hurtful words, such as ones used while bullying. Above that are beautiful words, or words of encouragement. And then to fill the space I added a ton of Dr. Seuss quotes. XD

      But I'm glad you like it. Ironically enough, today, the day after I wrote it, I got a nasty headache. XP

      Delete