Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

A Nutty Norman Night

First off, I must say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have a great New Year.

Since I am half Swedish on my dad's side, and since Christmas is a huge deal in northern Europe, we celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve. That means we got to open all our presents tonight. That also means all the hilarious hi-jinx and laughter ensued. But since my memory is terrible, unfortunately I won't be able to remember everything, especially since I'm too lazy to take pictures. However, half my family did have cameras, so I'm hoping they will be willing to send some of them to me to post on Wednesday.

Now, I know everyone loves to know what other people get for Christmas, so here is a list:

$50 gift card to Chapters (This will be buying me A Memory of Light when it comes out in January)
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
   -Note: I already have the third LotR
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
   -Note: I already have the first and third PotC
The Sims 3 Supernatural
A battery operated manicure set (It polishes the nails)
A pair of gloves with touch screen friendly finger tips
A pair of flower earrings from Hawaii
A pair of earrings with a skull on one and a peace sign on the other
Three tubes of scented chapstick

That is all for now, but I have yet to open my stockings.

And now, I bet you're all interested about the title of this post. Since I don't remember enough to go into detail (I am not drunk, I simple have a bad memory!) I'll just briefly go over a few memorable moments.

There was of course some singing, though it never got past a few lines. I can't even remember what songs were being sung, but I have a feeling they weren't Christmasy... Then there was my dad's and uncle's conversation about Gangnam Style, even though they pronounced it differently every time the said the word. One of the dogs got dressed up in half  dozen ribbons and covered in wrapping paper... And a pillow. We had a family picture and my uncle decided to give me bunny ears, then he gave my aunt bunny ears. So hen those go up on Facebook, it should be interesting...

Looking back at what I have written, it really doesn't look all that different from an average Christmas with family. I guess you really just need to be here to truly enjoy it. But I'm missing out on the fun, so I'm going to wrap this up now. I hope that everyone had a great day and will have an even better Christmas Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment