Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Thank You

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday; I barely had time to turn my computer on.

I feel extra bad for not posting something yesterday, because it was Remembrance Day. However, I know that a lot of people of my generation and younger will not care, which is really a sad thought. I know, through all of elementary school and part of middle school, I had no idea what was going on, or understood why we were remembering something. The concept of war was unknown to me, and though I knew a lot of people had died, it didn't really sink in until later.

Even then, it took a while for me to realize that we are not just remembering the soldiers from World War I and World War II, but also from the multiple other conflicts and wars, even up to the one that is being fought this very day. Unfortunately, there are still people, grown adults, who don't see this. They will wear a poppy to respect those that died in the World Wars, which is great, it's the reason and tradition. But please, don't forget those men and women who are giving up their lives now. They're not doing it to protect us. They're doing it for a much more selfless reason. They're protecting those that need protecting, just because it's the right thing to do.

So thank you, to the most courageous and honorable men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment