Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

Choices are Hard

I did it again, I'm sorry. I didn't even turn my laptop on on Tuesday, then I just kind of forgot. Not to mention whenever I get ready to post something, my internet decides to crash.

So anyway, one more week of school for me! It seems like everyone else is done this week, or next Monday. But I have an extra week, plus an extra Monday. Yay! Oh well, I can't complain. I only have one midterm, so at least I'm basically done after next week.

So now I just need to make a choice. I'm going to school for three classes in the spring, so I'll be at school three days a week. This means I could probably still work without much trouble. The problem is that one of my classes will require a flexible schedule, at least for the weekends. I feel like if I stay, I'll just request to work Monday and Friday. That way when I have to go to a book reading or something else for class, I won't have to worry about taking the day off of work at the last minute. I would also step down as assistant, since I feel like I wouldn't be doing enough to earn that position.

The other problem is that I just get so grumpy at work. For the first four hours, I absolutely hate everything and everyone. Of course I never show it. Even when I'm incredibly to the point of wanting to break something, I still feel guilty if I'm rude to someone (unless they're rude to me first). No matter how bad of a mood I'm in, it's not fair to take it out on someone else, since it'll probably make their day pretty bad too.
After the first four hours though, I reach the halfway point, and I actually get into a pretty good mood. This is especially the case when I open. I have to wake up at five to get to work, so you can imagine that I'm not in the best of moods in the morning. But at least the shifts go by quickly.

So yeah, that's the update for the week. I figure I'll tell my manager that I might be willing to stay with limited hours. If I say Monday and Friday, I'm sure she'll be happy, because that's when we need people the most. I suppose I'll keep the weekend open, just for emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment