Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

School and no work?

Everyone who has read most of my blog posts should probably know by now that I'm not the most organized person. So of course, when I tried to sign up for classes, I found out that the ones for fiction and non-fiction needed some classes that were only offered this semester.

No big deal though, I was told I could get into the poetry class, and while talking to the head of the creative writing department today, to suggested another class. The Business of writing. It sounds hard, gruelingly hard, with a lot of homework and some future headaches. But, it's exactly what I need. I can write (or at least I like to think I can), but it's the organization, the part that comes after the writing that I'm stuck on. So this class will definitely help me out. Hopefully...

However, like I said, it will have a lot of homework. I'm also hoping to get into a third year English class, so in total, three third year classes. So, I've made a choice. Before next semester starts, I'm going to be quitting my job. I'm really not working much right now as it is. I work Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and the very rare Sunday or Monday morning. Either way, my role as assistant manager is pretty limited now, as I don't work any of the important days (order day or delivery day). I'm going to give my manager, and the store manager, a lot of warning. I think they already know that I'll be stepping down, but I'm sure they're forgotten by now. I guess I should look up how to write a letter of resignation...

So that's the big update for now! Looks like school will be getting harder, but hopefully I'll have more time to concentrate on it, while having a bit of a social life still. The funny thing is, even with no job, I'll still probably be the richest one of all my friends... It's probably a good thing; we'll be more likely to do cheap things when we get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment