Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Mario Kart 8

A lot of exciting things are coming up in the next few weeks, so look out for some real updates. Unfortunately, this week has been fairly slow. I did however buy a new video game!

Nintendo was having this amazing sale, where if you bought Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U, you get a free game. The Mario Kart game is amazing. The graphics are better than just about an other game I've played. It took forever to load, but that's mostly because my internet is crap, and I hadn't done an update on my Wii U for months. Once in the game, it still takes a while between courses to load, but that's all because of the graphics.
The courses themselves are all really well done. They're longer than in the previous games, though many of them are similar. I can see pieces taken from the Wii or gamecube games, and I recognize some from the original game.
And the best part, which I actually thought would be the worst, is the anti gravity. The screen turns with the car, so you don't even notice, but it makes the tracks even more beautiful and interesting.
The flying, or gliding, is a little confusing. It took my sister and me awhile to figure out how it works, and even then it's a little hard to control.

And for my free game I debated for weeks on what to get. The options were Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD, and Wii Party U. I already have Windwaker, and Pikmin doesn't really speak to me, so my choice was between Super Mario Bros. and Wii Party. I eventually went with the Mario one, and it's loading now.

For anyone planning on buying this offer, I would suggest getting the hard copy of the game. It's a lot easier to load, and you'll have the code for the free game instantly. I had to wait until the next day for the free code, and I was freaking out last night, thinking that I wasn't going to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment