Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Generation Rant #2

I feel like I need a catch phrase for the beginning of every post... I'll come up with something later.

For now, I am exhausted! I really shouldn't be whining about this, but I've worked four days in a row, and I still have to work tomorrow. I don't normally work on Thursdays, since I still have that day 'unavailable' for school, even though that ended in April. I just don't want to change it until I start school again in the fall. Even then, it looks like I'll have class on Thursday again. Anyway, we had someone coming in to talk to my manager for a bit today, and she wanted someone pretty experienced on to help out while she was busy. Neither of us realized that everybody would be coming to Starbucks today. There is a teacher's strike going on (again), so it seems like everybody is taking the time off of work to hang out with their kids and go to Starbucks. It's ridiculous how many families came by today. If everyone is working shift work (not a set Monday to Friday work week), then I'm really concerned, because shift work is considered the underpaid and un-glamorous that teenagers work. There should not be this many adults with kids who work shift jobs! So I'm just reasoning that they're just lazy and taking the day off work because their kids have the day off school.

And of course, because of the strike, the school system just kind of gave up and let the kids out a week or two early from school. This generation is going to crap. The students aren't even given the option to finish their last couple weeks of school. Technically they're done with school, but really, they're still missing education. It's a terrible example. Not to mention the teachers are asking for more money and less work. If everyone wanted that, nothing would ever get done. Everyone would be striking everywhere and the world would crumble.

I may be in a touch of a bad mood. I need sleep. And a break. But it's my friend's birthday party on Saturday, so look forward to that update on Tuesday! Now, off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment