Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

I Hate This Generation

Yesterday was the first Thursday that I've had off from school or work. It was nice. I slept in and did basically nothing all day. I did get bored though. All my friends were busy. So I finished watching the Pokemon series that they have on Netflix. And I am pissed.

The original series was great! They had 52 episodes up, though there are clearly way more than that, including multiple movies. So when I finished with those, I was excited to move onto the next group of episodes. The moment it started, I knew something was wrong. I understand that voice actors need to be replaced from time to time, and that a ton of new Pokemon were added. But they could have at least kept the original theme song! The new theme song is the reason I stopped watching. Although the original shows were meant for kids too, it seems like the newer shows are even more child-ified... It's just plain stupid. I hate this generation. Everything has to be so dumbed down and simple. I am so glad that I grew up in the nineties and earlier twenty first century. I would hate to think how I would have turned out if I was born even five years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment