Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Friday 10 July 2015

School Troubles. Again.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been busy with work, and with not much to say. I do, however, have a massive rant today! And guess what, it's about registering for classes. Again.

I don't know what is wrong with Kwantlen. But every time I try to register for classes with them, something is wrong. This time, it doesn't seem to be registering any of my transferred credits from my previous college. That means I can't even get into a second year English course. The only pre-recs I need for any second level English course is two first year courses. I have four now, but only one is from Kwantlen. I've been able to get into a third year English course before at Kwantlen, so I know this is a recent problem.

But I'm not too concerned about English. I can take those courses whenever. It's the problems with my Creative Writing courses that will set me back another year if I don't get them solved soon. I talked to an academic adviser about a month ago. We went through everything together. I contacted the people I needed to, and she e-mailed the people she needed to. And once again, they let me down. I'm able to get into a forth level Poetry class because the one person I had to contact pulled through for me. Everything went smoothly for that.

But apparently the person my adviser contacted (and she did, I was there to watch it), didn't pull through. In fact, they seemed to mess something up. Because now apparently I have no credits from my last college. Even though I'm looking at them right now...

So I have a headache. I hate registering for classes. This system is horrible. And I have no faith that it will ever get better. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm jinxed and every time I try to register, something just has to go wrong. That must be it. If everyone was having this much trouble, then I'm sure they would have fixed it by now.


Right?

Okay, probably not. No faith. None at all. Stupid system.


UPDATE: I was able to get into one of the third year courses I wanted. Now I'm even more confused. So the block transfer went through, but only for one class? I still can't get into the second year English courses though... I really hope someone actually replies to my e-mails. This is just so messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment