Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Time to Move on

Once again, sorry for the lack of updates. Nothing much has been happening, so I have to collect all the happenings before I can report anything.

First things first, school seems to be back on track, mostly. Just one more little bump to get over, which I will hopefully be able to do by the end of this week. If that's the case, I'll be taking four classes this semester.

And with four class, that means less work. It's been confirmed that my manager is definitely coming back. Most of my coworkers don't seem too happy about this, but at least this means that I'll get a bit of a rest between her coming back and school starting. Even if she didn't come back, we would have had to find a new manager by September, so I was never really worried. I'm just looking forward to taking a small vacation soon.

And when she does come back, I'm going to start looking for another job. I know I should be happy that I have such a well paying one right now, with a good position and a bit of power. However, I don't like coffee. I never have, and it's becoming clear after two and a half years, that I will probably never like coffee. Although I can make the drinks like the Flash on steroids, and I can deal with just about everything else, I have very little passion for the drinks we serve. When a customer asks for my opinion on a drink, or has questions about our different coffee roasts, I answer the best I can, but it's still just a guess, and the customer isn't getting the service they need. I am trying, I swear! I've read all the information on all our coffees, several times, but it's like math; in one ear, out the other. I think at this point I need to start aiming toward something I actually enjoy selling, something I can actually get passionate about, and talk about with enthusiasm with customers.

I'm going to work in a liquor store.

(I don't drink, and I hate the taste of just about all alcohol)

No comments:

Post a Comment