Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Red as a Cherry

It has been a very hectic and tiring week. And it was awesome. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I went to Slide the City on Saturday. The even near me was sold out, so my friend and I went to one about three to four hours away. It was a beautiful drive there, since it was over cast and not too hot. The place that we went is basically a desert, so I was expecting unbearable heat. As it was, until about four or so, it was chilly when the wind picked up. Although, I was standing in a massive line up wearing a bathing suit for several hours, so apparently it was a comfortable enough temperature.

We arrived around 11:30, and got to the slide around noon. We didn't actually get to the top of the slide until close to 2. We were waiting in line for nearly two hours. It was in this time that I got a sunburn. Apparently spray sunscreen is not what we should have been using. You can't see where it goes on, and it doesn't really spray in a cone, like I expected. So I have a random pale spot on my chest where the sunscreen actually went on, and the rest is cherry red. My back and shoulders got hit pretty badly too. It's at the phase where it's itchy, but still a little too painful to itch, especially on my shoulders. I think in a few more days it'll start to feel better, when it starts to peel. For now, I'll just keep applying aloe vera three times a day...

So we got there on Saturday, and left on Sunday afternoon. Another three and a half hours home, then a couple hours to rest, and we were off to a bar for our friend's birthday. After the bar we went back to my boyfriend's house for an after party. Everyone really wanted to play Cards Against Humanity, but we ended up playing beer pong for a couple hours... beer pong takes forever...

Three days off of work, and it was actually more relaxing to be at work today, other than my work shirt irritating me burns. Still, I had a lot of fun, it was just tiring. Now I can't wait for a nice day off of work, with no socializing, no travelling, and certainly no going outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment