Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Graduate!

Sorry for not updating on Tuesday, I decided to take a day off after my insanely long post last week. And yes, it was an actual decision, I didn't just forget.

But today was rather important! I finally received my official degree in associates of arts in creative writing. It was nice to go back to my old school (even if I had been there only a few months ago). I even saw some people I had expected to graduate last semester. The actual ceremony was nice and short (I would guess maybe only a hundred people or so) and was fairly relaxed. Near the end confetti cannons went off and scared the shit out of me. For the rest of the ceremony, you could see little pieces of paper floating down.

The reception after was amazing. The food and drinks were great and the decorations were beautiful. It was hard to believe they do this twice a year, and four times, as there are four different ceremonies during each of the graduation times. I'm sure the staff are sick of going over the same things so often, but they were all friendly and upbeat. I guess maybe they really were proud of us.

All in all, a good day. Made better by the fact that I didn't work and was able to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment