Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

School will be the Death of Me

Alright, so anyone who is in college or university right now probably knows how I'm feeling, especially if you're taking four or five courses. I'm going to make this blog very quick, because I have a ton of homework to get onto.

Tomorrow I have to finish a reader's response that compares Beowulf and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, along with read three things, of which I have no idea where they are to be found.

Then I have to read two chapters from my world societies textbook by Thursday, just so that I can properly respond to a group's presentation on the same two god damned chapters. Then of course I also have to summarize those chapters and come up with questions about them. And my teacher only told me about this today. Kind of... We knew about it since last Tuesday, but my teacher only found the time today to tell us what exactly we're supposed to do.

Then next Wednesday I'm giving a presentation in my Early to Renaissance British Literature class about women in medieval times, which is a very broad subject and very hard to research. Luckily it only has to be between fie and ten minutes long. Unfortunately, I have to use resources that isn't a random website on the internet. That means actually finding documents or books or something about women in medieval times. And that's pretty much impossible...

Then I have a presentation for my Restoration to WWII British Literature class next Thursday, but I'm doing it with a partner, so it's a little easier. However, that also means that it has to be at least ten minutes long.

And then some time in about two or three weeks I'll have a presentation for my World Societies class with two people I don't know and have no way to contact. At around the same time I also have a research essay due for the same class.

All the while I have to reach about 5-7 prose/poems a week for Restoration to WWII, write two reader's responses a week for Early to Renaissance, including reading a story that's normally about 40-60 pages long. Then by every Thursday I have to have read several short entries from a textbook and a huge document for my Canada Before Confederation class, along with a five page reader's response due next Thursday.


So yeah, I really shouldn't be wasting my time here... And I apologize if I don't get a new blog up next week...

2 comments:

  1. there there Hanna....I'm in the same boat as you. I just wrote a blog to escape from the homework too!

    Good luck with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an update:
    -I'm nearly done my presentation for Wednesday, just need to add a couple references to some literature we've read.
    -The presentation I said was on Thursday is actually on Tuesday, but I've done a basic summary and analysis of the poem, so it's not too much work.
    -I also have a huge reader's response for my Canada Before Confederation class, which is due on Thursday and I have not even thought about.
    -The presentation for my World Societies class is actually near the very end of November, so I can relax about that. However, one of the people in my group has dropped the class and I don't think my prof noticed, so it's just two of use, which also means twice the work. Luckily that other person and I are not in contact over Facebook.
    -That research essay I mentioned for World Societies is actually due in two weeks. It seems pretty simple though, just an essay comparing creation myths from three different cultures, and I actually find that very interesting.

    I think that's it... Now back to homework! Why does it feel so late? T_T

    ReplyDelete