Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

A Stranger Wants to Hire Me

Ah jeeze guys, you need to give me a kick to remind me it's time to do my blog.

So on Friday, after my parents got home, I found out that someone had called while I was at school concerning my resume on Monster. Since I recently applied to Chapters, we all assumed it was from them. Unfortunately, I was unable to call them back, as it was after five, and the times to call were between nine and five. Even worse, since it was Friday, I had to wait until Monday to call back.

I waited out the weekend, which went by far to quickly. (Quick note: I had a board game day on Sunday. It was a lot of fun, but it ended too quickly) Today finally came, and this morning I called back. It went to voicemail. I waited half an hour and called back again, just to get sent to voicemail again. The second time I left a message to let the person know that I had gotten their message, and all that stuff.

Around noon the phone rang and I jumped to answer it. Ends up it wasn't from Chapters. The call was from someone looking around on Monster and saw my resume (which I have not updated in a while...). They called to see if I wanted a job in communications. And we all know that means calling people up asking if they want to do a survey, or something like that. I'm still a little hesitant, but they want me to come in on Saturday for an interview (I think, the reception wasn't great and they were driving, so it was very hard to hear. All I know is that I have to go in on Saturday for some reason...) Luckily, the place is in Coquitlam, and will be a quick bus ride and walk from my house.

To be honest, it's not my dream job. It's far from it... Probably close to the very opposite. However, it could be a great opportunity to get experience, not to mention I will be earning money through the winter, and if the job is good, I might need only it, no other job.

However, that also means tying myself down to one job, without much of an opportunity to trying something that I would enjoy more. For example, I would love to work in the mall; preferably in a food place, but a clothing or accessory store would be fun too. I know for the winter season a lot of places will be hiring, but I will be too busy with this new job if I get it. not to mention Chapters. it is my ideal job (at the moment). By now it looks like I will not be offered the 5am shift (I know, I should have called them, but I just kept forgetting), but like I said, the winter season will be starting soon, and I bet they will be hiring more people for then.

There's so many choices and things to consider. I think right now I am leaning more toward taking the job, since it's there, and Chapters or any other place is just a hopeful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment