Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

First Day of School

Okay, so yesterday (Tuesday) was my first day of classes at college. I'm just going into my second year, but I'm still taking three first year courses; Two history and one Astronomy. My two second year courses are two English's. Anyway, onto how I just had a completely mental breakdown...

First of all, you should know that I've been babysitting my dog while my parents are on vacation. For some reason they get it into their heads that the first school of school is the best time to leave me alone with a psychotic dog that will almost refuse to eat, drink or go outside to do her business. She will also keep me awake until two in the morning by barking, whining and howling. (Although she's silent now.)

**WARNING TO THE MALES: This content will include female problems that might gross you out**
I woke up this morning with a stomach ache. I wasn't quite cramps, more like pre-menstrual cramps, just to say 'hey, you're still a female, and you still need to suffer before, during and after your period!' However, last month I had such back stomach aches that I could barely eat or drink without sharp pains. If it's the same this month, I'll probably go to the doctor. And of course these stomach aches would appear on the first day of classes.

Anyway, I had to walk to school, since I have had no interest in getting my N. I stuffed my book bag full with my laptop, water bottle, Ipad, lunch/dinner and all that stuff. Since my first class starts at 10:30, then a six hour break before my class that starts at 6:30, I had a ton of time to kill, so I brought all the Harry Potter's, and a couple other DVD's.

I got to my first class and sat down, thinking it would be the most interesting one. It's World Societies 3000BCE-1500CE. Apparently we'll only be learning about the middle east and a bit of Eastern Asia. The teacher went on and on, and on and on and on and on. I think I was zoned out for most of the 'introduction;. I swear, he was trying to prep us for the midterm and final at the same time. Luckily that class is only two hours long, so the boredom will be spread out between two days.

By then I was getting hungry, so I set out to the cafeteria to eat my goldfish crackers. They helped for a bit, but then the pain started up again, though now it just felt like I had had a cup of stale milk, and it wasn't sitting properly in my stomach. I started watching Easy A, then Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. Luckily my friend Brittney was able to come visit me between her classes, but she went home around 4:30. (lucky ass.)

By 6:00 I headed up to my next class and met up with someone I knew that was in it. So far, British Literature: Restoration to WWI is my favourite class. The teacher is awesome, and I could hardly feel my sleepiness. I actually had a lot of fun analysing a couple poems, despite the fact that my friend and I got the first one completely wrong.

We got out around 8:00, since it was the first class and there wasn't much to do. I went to go catch the bus, and despite the fact that the paper on the pole said it was suppose to come at 8:27, it actually came around 8:41. From there I caught the bus home, that came around 9:03. I got home around 9:40, because of the long convoluted route the bus took, not to mention the train. By then I was feeling sick, hungry, tired and very worried for my dog, as she had been home alone for over twelve hours and she had refused to go outside this morning.

When I turned the corner onto my street, I could hear her whining and howling. She calmed down a little when I got into the house, but the second I walked in, I could smell crap and piss, very strongly. I searched around for a while, but didn't see anything in the living room or kitchen. Finally, when I went to go feed her, I found the shit outside the bathroom, then a puddle of pee not far away, then another larger pile of shit in the study, along with something that might have been barf...

By this point is where I had the breakdown, and I was nearly throwing up from the smell, I began to cry. Yes, I am very ashamed that I would break down over something so small as cleaning up after a dog, but I think it was from all the stress of the day. Had I not woken up feeling sick, and had I gotten a ride to school rather than walking with a bag that's nearly half my weight, or if I had packed more food, or if I had gotten home earlier, then I'm sure I would have been fine. But with everything today, and the thought that I have to bus out to the other campus tomorrow, then bus back for another 6:30 to 9:30 class at the current campus, and then do the same schedule as today on Thursday, all the while leaving my dog home alone to crap and piss on the floor because she refuses to go outside, just kind of sends me over the edge. I swear, when my parents come home, I'm going to have to tell them that I cannot take care of the dog during my first week of school, especially with a five class course load and over an hour's bus ride twice or three times a day. I know it's selfish, and they do deserve a vacation, but I don't see why they cannot take it before school starts.

And now I'm sitting here, typing this up, because I can't sleep because I'm too frazzled. Oh, and did I mention that my dog knocked our computer off the desk, along with almost all the papers. Then, right before I was about to walk up to get ready for bed, I noticed that the trash can and recycling box was still on the curb. Despite the fact that my mom told me not to go outside at night because of bears, I had to go out to bring them into the backyard. While dragging the recycling box in, I notice a giant spider next to the gate, and stood there hyperventilating for about fifteen seconds. As soon as I was able to get changed into my pyjamas and brush my teeth, I realized it was either a lot hotter in my house than I previously thought, or I have a fever. Although I've cooled down a little, I'm still not feeling great.

Now, off to try and get some sleep. The only good thing about tomorrow is that my first class is at 2:30, so I have to leave around 12:00 to ensure I get there with plenty of time to find my class. Blah, my stomach hurts.

So enjoy my suffering! I honestly don't think anyone could have a worst first day of class. (Except maybe you Kyra, even though you had surgery instead of school.)

No comments:

Post a Comment