Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Resolutions

It's a Tuesday, so I'm going to try and get back on track with posting. And with it comes with a list of new year resolutions. I don't normally make them, because I know I won't keep them. But this year I'm going to try again!

1) Start reading more. I'm ashamed to say that ever since I got my new phone, one with a touch screen and data, I've been slacking on my reading. I used to read before bed every night, and on the bus when I had a chance. Now I play games. So my first resolution is to pick up the books that I've been ignoring. I know this resolution will be put on hold once in a while because of school, but it's probably the easiest one to keep.

2) Get something published. And to do this, I need to start sending stuff to magazines. And to do that, I need to start editing my work. And to do that, I need to start writing more. The writing will be easy. I need to do it for school anyway. I need to focus on my editing, which I always slack off on. Then I need to send stuff to magazines. I've already started for the year. I sent off a few poems, and last year I even sent off a non-fiction piece to a contest. So maybe this resolution will be finished early.

3) Get back into a regular posting schedule for this blog. Even if it means just posting once a week, as long as it's regular. I stopped posting because of school and the Christmas holiday last year, and school may make it difficult again this year, but I will try!

And I think that's enough for now. I think three is a decent amount of resolutions to keep... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment