Read it Before you Steal it!

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Afyvarra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Freedom!

Big News! That I probably should have posted earlier... I got my N! Even bigger news, I got a car!

I lost count of how many times I had to do the N test. It was seven or eight or something stupid like that. I got so used to being failed, that when the person passed me, I was shocked. I don't normally show a lot of appreciation toward strangers, but damn. I wanted to hug that tester so much. The funny thing is, there was one tester who failed me at least twice, maybe more. She came out to call a name, and my stomach dropped. Then she called some guy, and I felt bad for him, but I also felt so happy. And if I had that tester, I probably would have failed, because she would have marked a lot of smaller things down.

As for the car, my sister bought a new one in December, so I got her hand me down. Which was a hand me down from my dad to her. So it's a fairly old car, but it still runs pretty well. In fact, I kind of like it better than my dad's car, because it's so much smaller. I have no idea how he used to drive it though. I struggle getting in an out. But the acceleration is much better, and I feel like I'm more in control. It's completely manual. No power steering, no power windows, no power locks. But when I press the gas or the break, it actually feels like I'm pressing something. In the car I was driving for the past few years, the gas and the break were so touchy, that it felt like it drove itself, which made it feel like I had less control. My current car might take a bit more work to drive, but at least it feels like I'm actually driving it.

Now I just need to wait for my sister to move out, so I can get her spot in the driveway...

No comments:

Post a Comment